Saturday, January 7, 2023

Never Even Think of Failing

A word that God has really placed on my heart ever since my uncle died in November is "Hope."


I've been thinking about that word a lot over the past couple of months. 

Hope in unthinkably difficult times.
Hope as it relates to Christmas.
Hope for the future.
Hope in something.

I started this year hopeful. Hopeful that it would be a far better year than the previous several have been. It may turn out to be, but it's also started pretty hard, which can make hope difficult.

However, God has this incredible, and sometimes obnoxious, way of shattering my small mindset, in mere minutes, and this time it was through a song, or rather, several songs, by Disciple. He hits me, gently, with the truth that He is bigger than everything, but that He also loves me, and those I love, personally, intimately.

He is Hope. My hope is in Him. Like a lighthouse, shining out over a stormy sea, doesn't pull the sailors from the storm, but gives direction and hope, God may allow the storm, but is an anchor for us to cling to and a hope that we can make it through.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were several songs on the "The Best of Disciple" album that God spoke to me through, but here are the lyrics to just one of them, "Into Black" 

"Tomorrow may never come
An everyday possible prophecy
If I'm hated or if I'm adored
I will not question You here with me

This solemn truth I will depend on
That You could never even think of failing

When all others start to fade away (Into Black)
I won't worry, I know You are with me
When the sky is falling down on me (And turns me back)
I won't worry, I know You are with me" 

No comments:

Post a Comment