Sunday, January 8, 2023

Everything Rides On Hope Now

How easy it is to forget that God has never left us and will never leave us. When we feel broken, over and over again, when those we love are broken, when life doesn't let up, when you don't feel as if you can be strong anymore ... it's easy to forget.

God doesn't leave, though. He hasn't, and He won't, and His promises are sure. He has promised that His grace is sufficient and His power is made perfect in weakness.

He is with us, and He empowers us to be with each other. We hold each other. We laugh together. We cry together. Sometimes we are the strong ones, who help lift others up. Sometimes we are the weak and broken who need to be lifted.

We don't do it alone. He is with us. We are with each other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The song that God gave me today is one I'd never heard before: Hope Now by Addison Road 

"When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

I am not my own
I've been carried by you all my life"

No comments:

Post a Comment