Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pork 'n Play Thursdays

About 3 months ago my family initiated Pork 'n Play Thursdays. "What is Pork 'n Play Thursdays?" you ask...well...it is a time once a week (Thursday nights to be exact) when all my family (brother, sisters, grandma, uncle, cousins, M&M, mom, dad, and sometimes friends) get together to eat dinner together, play games, hang out, and talk. Sometimes it's all fun and games, and sometimes it's more serious. The last few weeks have been a bit more on the serious side. All in all it's a really nice time to get together as a family and catch up from the past week.

It reminds me how important family is! I don't know what kind of family you have, if they are small or large, close or distant, broken or complete, but regardless, your family is important. You will always have times when you can't stand your family or some member of it, but regardless, your family is often the ones who love you and know you the best. Something that is amazing, as I grow older, my family gets much larger and more dynamic. When Manda and I got married I got a LOT of new family, and that part of my family is much different than the family I was born into, and it's great. When Mallory was born, M&M and I suddenly were our own little family, even more than just Manda and I were, and it brought a whole new dynamic, which is fabulous! My family is constantly growing, and changing, and I've started to realize more and more just how important your family is.

This week is probably one of the last weeks that my whole family will be at Pork 'n Play Thursday as my sister is most likely moving across the country very soon. In some aspects it is quite sad. I don't really see or talk to my sister except for Thursday nights, but I've also never lived over 10 hours away from her. It's strange to think about, but just like all the other changes, this is just another change in the dynamic of my family. There are a lot of unanswered questions in her move, but I sincerely wish her the best and hope it turns out great for her!

So regardless of how close or far away your family is, why not give them a call, send them a text, go say hi, tell them you love them, and realize that family is an amazing gift that God has set-up for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment