Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lost in the Depths of True Life

I was listening to "Lost" by Red on my way to work this morning, and it just struck me so I thought I'd write about it. It reminded me of, what has become, one of my favorite verses:
 
"Deep calls to deep in the roar of Your waterfalls;
all Your breakers and Your billows have swept over me." -- Psalms 42:7
 

God is so immensely deep and incredible. There is no way that anyone could ever know the depths of who He is, of His love, His righteousness, His wrath, His justice, His wisdom, etc... We can truly spend our lives lost in Him, and not just our lives, but all eternity, every moment finding something new, and it is amazing!

It can be easy to stay on the surface where we feel safe and unchallenged, observing and "knowing" God from a distance,
but that's not what anyone truly wants, and that is certainly not what God wants us. I personally want to DIVE DEEP, to go under the water, where I have to take some risks, but see the rewards, and the deeper I go, the deeper I want to go, the more I know, the more I long to know. While I can never know everything there is to know about who God is, it sounds so beyond exciting to live my entire life deep in the maze, searching and chasing after the Creator of my very being.


 
Finally, as the song says, "I could never be the same here -- Something that I never could erase -- I could never look away -- I lost myself in you!" When you DIVE DEEP into God something changes in you, it has to. You literally CANNOT be the same once you submerse yourself in the roar of Christ's waterfalls, breakers, and billows. Surrounded by danger and excitement, discovering who God is and being called to live your life according to Him, this is true life.
 
So DIVE DEEP into God and truly find yourself, unafraid, and lost in Him!
 
Can I be dreaming once again?
I'm reaching helpless I descend
You're leading deeper through this maze
I'm not afraid

I'm lost in you everywhere I run
Everywhere I turn I'm finding something new
I'm lost in you something I can't fight
I cannot escape
I can spend my life lost in you!
Lost in you!

Your whispers fill these empty halls
I'm searching for you as you call
I'm bracing, chasing after you
I need you more

I'm lost in you everywhere I runEverywhere I turn I'm finding something new
I'm lost in you something I can't fight
I cannot escape
I can spend my life lost in you!

I could never be the same here
Something that I never could erase
I could never look away
I lost myself in you!
It's all over now!

Lost in you! Everywhere I run
Lost in you! Everywhere I run!
Lost in you!
Lost in you!


No comments:

Post a Comment