Monday, May 13, 2013

SuperMom

I'm going to take a few minutes here to brag about my wife...

Our son was recently born about 2 1/2 weeks ago. That is an entirely different story of my wife being an amazing Amazon Warrior Princess, but that is not what I'm talking about today. Since Zachary was born I have had the blessing of being able to be home with everyone for 2 weeks, and I'm currently in a 2 week time of only having to work 6-10, so I still get to spend a large part of the day at home. It's been absolutely fantastic, and also very revealing.

Not that I didn't already know this, of course I did, but you get new insight and perspective when you experience something for yourself. Taking care of 3 kids and a house is a LOT of work, it's constant, it's tiring, and that was how I felt with both of us home.

Manda is absolutely amazing. She is a fantastic mother who somehow has super powers to care for all 3 of our kids, each at different stages and with different needs, cook meals, do laundry, schedule Dr. Appointments, Dentist Appointments, Meetings, Therapy, Parties, Meals, Church Events, etc..., Go Shopping, Buy/Make Presents, Clean the House, Change Diapers ... the list goes on and on. It is quite impressive to watch her breastfeed one kid while feeding another a bottle while reading a book to the third. Like I said, I've always known that being a stay-at-home mom is a lot of work, but seeing it these past two weeks has given me new appreciation for it.

Something even more amazing, at the end of June I am going to camp for a week with the youth group. That means I will be gone for 5 days, and Manda will have the kids all by herself. It's going to be difficult, but I have no doubt that she is capable of doing this. I, on the other hand, don't think that I would last 5 hours by myself. Not because I don't care or don't love my kids or anything, but because there are a plethora of skills that go into taking care of them all the time that I either don't possess or haven't developed.

Providing for the therapeutic/developmental needs of one of our children, the educational/stimulatory needs of another, the basic/developmental needs of another, all simultaneously is something that Manda is masterful at. She is truly a fantastic mother! I am basically in awe of her every day, and I am so thankful that she is the mom to our kids!

I love you Manda!

No comments:

Post a Comment