Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vampires & Zombies | Suicide & Blood

In honor of Halloween I am going to be writing a bit about zombies and vampires. Now, I traditionally despise Halloween with a passion. I didn't want to have anything to do with it whatsoever: No Trick-or-Treating, no handing out candy, no decorations, no dressing up, I didn't even like church "Fall Festivals." My opinion has changed a little bit, which is a topic for another blog, but for today I am going to fall into the theme of the day embrace zombies and vampires, but not in the traditional way.

A couple years ago I wrote a couple Buzz posts (Do you remember Google Buzz?). Here's what they said.

What if I said you were a vampire, evil & dead to the core & your 1 hope for life, the thing you crave most, blood that's innocent and pure?
 
Would you call me crazy if I said that, in order to live, you must drown, you're a zombie, walking dead, & your 1 hope for life is suicide?

So what was I talking about? All human beings are vampires and zombies. We are lifeless, walking dead, and totally evil. There is inherently death flowing through our veins, not life. We are born into an evil, dead, flawed existence, and sadly, this death that is our existence taints our interactions with each other as well. We look out for our own good, our own desires, and we hurt others to obtain our own wants/desires. In this way, we are zombies and vampires. We have no life in us.
 
So now what about the whole blood thing? Like a vampire, we desperately crave pure innocent blood. Not only do we all have a deep longing for it, we all have a desperate need for it. Without this blood we are doomed to remain evil, to remain dead. The distinguishing factor here is that, while when vampires take blood they spread death, when we receive this blood we receive a transfusion that pushes the death from our veins and floods them with life instead. However, in order for us to receive this life giving blood there still had to be the death of someone innocent. Thankfully, he willingly allowed himself to die so that we can have life.
 
And what about the whole "your 1 hope for life is suicide?" As I said before, we are all walking dead. We have no life within us, but we think we do. Most people do not realize that they are dead. We have a semblance of life that deceives us into not realizing how dead we are. There is hope to have true life, however, but it requires that we willingly give up the semblance of life that we possess. We must completely die to anything and everything that we thought we knew about life and embrace the true life that is found in the death of the innocent one who provides the pure blood that cleans & resurrects us.
 
"53Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”" -- John 6:53-58
 
"In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." -- Hebrews 9:22
 
So on this Halloween I encourage you, zombie and vampire that you are, to throw off your living death, die so that you may truly live, seek, find and embrace resurrection and allow the pure innocent blood of the pure innocent lamb to cleanse you from your death and disease and clothe you in life everlasting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment